Wow I can't believe how fast Thanksgiving went! We started our day at Nana Huntley's house and looked at old photos of papa and the family. We ate around 2 pm and then we all pitched in and cleaned up dinner which was fabulous! I did bring the baked apple pie after a horrible experience with it the night before! I forgot to put a cookie sheet underneath it and some of the apple juice leaked out all over my oven and filled my kitchen with smoke. Lets just say I was on the phone with my mother a lot that night! We went to the hospital after dinner to go visit papa. He hasn't been on dialysis since last friday and its not because his kidney's are getting better :( Nana decided to take him off of it which I don't blame her. The strange thing is that when we were there his eyes were open and he was producing urine and it looked good. Nana and aunt lori also asked about his pneumonia and liver tests. No infection and liver is fine. hmmmmm. I am still praying for a miracle and I think I should just because he is still holding on his own and doing well. It was a pretty emotional visit to say the least and we all enjoyed visiting with him as a family. After we left the hospital kristin, dan, and I went to nana and papa lyles for dinner. Justin had to get home to sleep for black friday.
Nana lyle's was very nice too. we all hung out and talked before dinner. Before dinner we all talked about what we are thankful for and then we ate! Dinner was fabulous there too and the baby was moving like crazy after two dinners! We had some coffee and dessert, looked through the shopping ads, hung out with annie and abbey, and watched Christmas with the Kranks. It was a cute movie. I slept at moms house so I would desturb justins sleep and plus we were having breakfast at moms the next day.
I finished my Christmas shopping yesturday and today I am working on our Christmas tree. Mom, Jan, and maybe my aunts are going to come over today too! Okay time for me to get going, gotta pick up a little and clear out space for the tree! Justin doesn't work too late so I hope he doesn't miss out on some of the christmas decorating!
No comments:
Post a Comment