Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yesturday my family made the decision of taking papa off the breathing machine and all of his iv's. The dr. told us it could be an hour, one day, or a week. We didn't know. Either way I was at the hospital from 1130- 630 pm with my family. The hospital was great to papa and to us. They made sure he was comfortable and not aggitated. We sat around talking about our memories and yes of course we cried. Its the saddest thing I think I have encountered recently and watching my nana and her children go through this has been something I will not forget. I have seen amazing strength and courage throughout the longest 10 weeks you could imagine. Our family really pulled through for one another and that is something I believe our papa gave us. He was always the solid rock you could count on and I don't think many of us believed that we could do just the same when we needed to. Nana is really sad but just couldn't handle seeing her husband like this. I understand and respect her decision.

Dad and I left at 630 and I came home. Justin and I talked for a bit and then went to bed around 930. I was exhausted and he worked and then had to get up really early the next day. Dad called me around 11 pm and told me that papa had passed on. He is home now and at peace.

I love you papa and you will be greatly missed. You gave our family the greatest love of all. You had the biggest heart, the most caring personality, and you always let us know how proud you were of us. There are many more words but I am at a loss right now.......I just miss him.......

No comments: