Wow what a week! I had inservices monday through thursday for my new job. All day out at Edinboro University which meant getting my butt out of bed early!!! It was nice though because me and another girl I work with car pulled. The inservices weren't too bad, some were not as interesting as others, but yesturday kicked my butt! I had to learn handle with care which is a restraining class. I am very sore but I did a good just putting other people in restraints and even bringing them down to the floor! Little ol' me, yes! It actually was a very interesting class and I learned a lot. Now I was told that there aren't many restraints in the classroom that I will be in but we all have to be trained just incase.
I took Addyson to the Dr's today because she is still coughing from a couple weeks ago. It was getting better but it just keeps flairing up so I called. Her dr checked her out and her chest was clear and her ears were ok. She did say her throat was red and she even got to hear Addy cough which helped the appointment out greatly! They don't always get to hear the cough! So she agreed that she needs some help kicking this so she called in some amoxicillon. Addy was smiling and completely content laying on the table for her too! It was pretty cute! The thing about her cough that bothers me is two things. One she still has it and its frequent and two it wakes her up in the night and during her naps. So I tried to let her fight it herself but with cold and flu season among us, I wanted her to get some kind of break!
They did weigh her and oh my has she grown! We knew she gained weight but we weren't exactly sure how much! 2-3 weeks ago she weighed 14.5 and today at almost five months she weights 15 lbs 12 oz!!! She has almost doubled her birth weight by 5 months! She is ahead of the game since they like them to double it by 6 months!
She is such a good girl and sooo cute! We love the mornings with her because it doesn't matter how tired or kicked she is, she always smiles so big at us when she wakes up!! It melts our hearts! Kristin and Dan are in town for a wedding and we saw them today at my mom's house. She did so well with the both of them! She also is at that stage where she will be crying in one room and I walk in and she stops! If I don't attend to her right away though she will start to cry again. She usually always needs something though!
She is still sitting very well without any support! She is so strong! She has been chewing more on her fingers and binkie so her gums might be bothering her a little too. I can't wait to see her smile with some teeth in there! LOL! We are slowing working on getting her 6-9 month outfits and clothing. I also want to get her some books and a couple new toys. She loves sitting on the floor with me and watches me play with some of her toys that are a little to old for her yet. But I get them out to stimulate her senses a little bit! I try reading to her in the mornings and she does really well looking at the pictures and watching me read! She smiles and holds her hands together while sitting or laying in front of the book!
Well gonna get going. Time to relax a little and hopefully get a good nights rest!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment