Addy had her 2 year well visit today with her pediatrician. We got there and she was all excited to see the fish in the waiting room until the door opened and the nurse called her name. there look of terror that came over her face was priceless! she was so hesitant to walk that I had to pick her up! As soon as we got into the room she started to cry. I'm pretty sure she understood what was about to go down! She cried while going over her growth but soon calmed down when i let her color on the paper that covers the table!
Dr. Weibel came in and of course Addy was a little upset but did much better than with the nurse. The Dr. went over her statistics with me. Her weight is 26.6 pounds and in the 46th percentile, height is 35.75 inches and in the 87th percentile, and head circum. is 49 cm and in the 84th percentile! So as of right now she is tall and lanky!!! Her weight will catch up, it always does.
Once Addy was more comfortable with the Dr. she started to show off some of her language! She was playing with my phone and asked, "Who's that mommy?" I asked back" who is that?" Addy "It's Addy!" The dr. was impressed. I then asked Addy what her last name was "Addy Tinski" Her dr was even more impressed! She was so shocked at how clear she was able to understand her and the questions that she was asking. I updated her on potty training, no binkie since December and the toddler bed. She was pretty pleased with her development and then told me that she just needed one shot today and that it was just a booster. It was just her pnuemonia shot.
I won't get into how she did with the shot but it was painful and there were tears :( But once dressed and heading out she was a little happier. She got even happier when Dr. Weibel showed us where the stickers were for patients and they had Dora!
She's been fine since we got home and didn't have a reaction at all to her shot. So that was nice! She was in underwear the whole evening and told us when she needed to go. She is doing so well potty training. I am still going by her lead, I don't want it to back fire on us and then she regress 100%. It's not to say that she doesn't have some accidents from time to time but that is what they need to do to help them learn.
Every time I put her in her big girl panties, I remind her that she can tell us when she needs to go and we will help her to the potty. Or we just remind her that she has to use the potty once she gets her underpants on.
She did "poop" ( sorry to use that term on her but that is what we say with her!) in her little potty chair the other night and she was so proud! I mean very proud! She pointed to it and yelled that it was a "big poop!" and then yelled, "good job!! yay!!!" She cracks us up! We don't have to use any edible reinforcers or stickers to get her to keep it up! She just loves us getting excited with her!
Tomorrow Addy and I are participating in the 10th Annual Autism Walk down at Presque Isle! I am so excited to finally participate this year! Me and two girls I work with are all meeting up and walking together too! We have an Autism Ambassador "club" that we have been working really hard with this year at school. They helped promote the walk at the High School, helped with registrations, helped sell ice cream, ribbons, and silly bands to get more donations, we had a jeans day to benefit the Autism Society of Northwest PA, and we created team tshirts for all of us to wear at the walk! We have been working really hard and this is like the end party of all our hard work!! The Ambassadors in our group are awesome! They really help promote Autism Awareness in the school and they help teach other students how to respond/react to our students without feeling insecure. They also spend a lot of time in our classrooms (reverse inclusion) helping our students work on social skills. The guys love having the Ambassadors around!
Well time to get going, time for me to watch the Royal Wedding! I dvr'd it this morning! Can't wait!!
Love
Jamie Lynne
No comments:
Post a Comment