Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Toddler Bed

Well I did it! I converted Addy's bed into her toddler bed! I have been itching to do so for awhile and I had always intended to do the switch over spring break. Well spring break is next week.....I almost made it! ha! I figured why not now? She usually falls asleep on the couch anyways and we take her up. If she wakes up in the night she will cry either way. As a toddler bed she might actually get out and stand by her door ( I have her door knob baby proofed so she can't wander around the house or fall down the stairs). If it was the crib, she would stand in the crib crying. See the underlining.....she still would cry! So I took off the front piece of her crib and put on her dust ruffle, then added the wooden rail that came with her bed. It looks adorable! I will take a picture with my camera tomorrow and upload it for you to see! When we all were home I took her up to check it out. She loved it so much and had fun laying herself down! I showed her how we can read books while laying or sitting in her bed ( I was on the floor) and I showed her how to properly get out of her bed. I didn't want her to hurt herself. Even though she gets out of our bed just fine and its even higher. She was so cute though! She kept telling us that she loved her new bed :) So we will see how tonight goes. Hopefully me wanting this little change doesnt backfire! She has been sleeping on a little floor cot at daycare since she was 1 years old and never had a problem there, so I am hopeful! I will let you know how it goes! Love Jamie Lynne

No comments: