Friday, April 8, 2011

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. I have been going through some stuff since Addyson had the stomach bug. As soon as Addy was better and all cleared of being sick I started to get pain on the side of my face. I thought it was more in my mouth but then the pain just kept radiating. It felt like a truck ran over my face. It literally hit me out of left field. That was Sunday night. Monday I went to work. I know. But I had to since I took time off when we all were sick and when Addy had the stomach bug. I called my dentist to get in ASAP. I figured I should start there. I had an XRay and they ruled out any reason that it could be caused by a tooth but that it might irratate that area more since I had 2 big fillings on the side. Great. I got in my car and called my dr's office. I got in at 230. They checked me over and didn't see any ear infection or sinus issues. They continued my examination and they determined that I had an infection in my glands and lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. Since so much is connected, the infection was radiating the pain that I was feeling in my jaw. I have been taking my antibiotic and pain relievers up the wazoo but nothing was getting rid of the pain. I called today and got in again. They said because the pain had radiated up and it wasn't easing up, they wanted to see me. I haven't been seeing my main dr. but a PAC. He is a good guy but he did have Dr. McAllister come in and do a once over on me to make sure something else wasn't going on. i appreciated that. He agreed with the first diagnosis but the inflammation in my neck and in my glands was irratating a nerve in my face. They showed me by holding up 3 fingers and turning them to the side. They layed them over my face and said that is where the nerve lies. Well that is exactly where the pain is radiating! So they chose to put me on a way more aggressive antibiotic and prednisone. Luckily for me they had samples of the antibiotic because its a pretty pricey one even with insurance. I'm really hoping that with this and the warm compresses that I am to be doing, that the pain will start to ease up. I really can't handle it anymore. It effects the way I eat, sleep, everyday functioning, and how I play with Addy. Luckily Justin has been amazing and takes care of Addy so I can go to bed a little early. I am so tired at the end of the day from the pain. I will keep you posted on how I am doing and I will also blog about Addy in the next day or two. But as always, she is amazing :) Love, Jamie Lynne

No comments: