Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Papa's surgery

Yesturday was my papa huntley's open heart surgery to repair or replace his heart valve. They also had to do at least 3 bypasses and then they noticed his aorta was started to descend away from the heart. They fixed that. They closed him up and then they had to open hiim back up. He had an aortic aneurysm. I am not too sure on all of the details but he made it through the night and he is in critical condition. I took the morning off to go back down to the hospital after being there until after midnight last night. The dr. never came up to talk to us and when nana called the nurse she said they were still working on him and that the person on the O.R. phone hung up on her. We knew something happened but never thought it was this. I am asking those to pray for my papa and for his family to get through this very sensitive situation. We have never had to go through something like this with our papa and its hard to figure out how to deal with this. Also pray that papa's children will continue to have strength for their mother and father. I know its difficult for them but nana needs her family to pull together and be stronger than ever. I will keep you posted after I get back from the hospital.

No comments: