This is a very special day for Justin and I in so many ways. For starters this was our first due date of the little one that we lost. Fortunately we are doing very well and understand that there was a reason. On the other hand it is very hard to think that we could be parents already and we aren't. But with every tragedy there is a blessing and our blessing is that I am 11 weeks pregnant!!!!!! We had our first sonogram today and the baby is measuring 11 weeks 6 days, which is really good, the heartbeat is 171, and the baby is 2 inches long already! We are so thrilled and there hasn't been anything wrong with this pregnancy. Its actually been pretty textbook! We are so greatful and so blessed and we know that our little angel has been looking over us and making sure everything goes as planned!
Today was actually a special sonogram called an NT Scan and that basically means they check for any physical markers for down syndrome. They check the bone of the nose and the skin on the back of they babies neck. Everything turned out fine! WAHOO! I knew it would though! We got to see the baby moving around and trying to lay in different positions. They baby was laying with its legs crossed, indian style, it was pretty cute! Justin just thought it was the neatest thing. He was never able to make it to any of my other sonos last time because they were always scheduled last minute because of emergency situations. When we saw the dr. he was very pleased with everything and we got to listen to the heartbeat through a doppler. It was the best sound I have ever heard!
Well now that the cat is out of the bag I will be posting more things about the pregnancy and I will upload a couple sonogram pictures soon! Keep us in your prayers!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment