Tonight I met my dad and uncle craig down at the hospital to see my papa. They got a lot of extra fluid out of him and he is pretty close to his normal weight! He seems to be having a really good week and his kidney and liver numbers are coming down. They told me this is good! He also urinated 2 times on his own today too! Progress!!! They also had him in a chair today but that was earlier so I didn't get to see it. I wish I had though! He is still groggy and the nurse said that is because of the dialysis they are doing. They did 3 days in a row to get more fluid out of him and tomorrow they are giving him a day off just to get some energy back. He also has been off the ventilator and tonight is the first night they are trying it all the way through! He still has the trache but its just a matter of time before he is done with that! Also in the next few days to a week he will most likely get moved to another care facility because his heart is doing great! He needs respiratory recovery and kidney recovery. I forget the whole name but its the old metro hospital that used to be in erie years ago. My nana lyle was a nurse there once!
Anyways looks like we are seeing much needed progress and I couldn't be happier! I met his one nurse katie tonight and she takes such good care of him! I really have nothing bad to say about papa's hospital stay. He has had amazing staff and not only are they great to him but they are great to his family and friends as well! Okay I am very very tired tonight so I am off to bed! night night!
No comments:
Post a Comment