Friday, June 12, 2009


Miss Addy has been doing very well! Last weekend Justin and I went to lunch and then to babies r us to get formula. I ran in while he stayed with addy. I had so many coupons for there so it made sense to buy from there! Now you all know we have been searching for formula that stays down and doesn't hurt her tummy. That weekend I decided to put her back on nutramigen to get her tummy back to neutral but she did spit up way more than usual. We still had a sample from the dr's office. I researched and researched and just gave up. I complained to my mom that my gut wasn't helping and where were my instincts. She told me they would kick in at the right moment. So I decided that we would justt do what the dr. told us to do. enfamil AR with mylicon drops.


I had a hair appointment last saturday and I was talking to Cindy about her issue with spitting up and being really upset after an hour of eating. Her sister has two little ones and the one is 9 months old. She told me that at 2.5 months she added rice cereal to her bottles because she was such a hungry baby. Different situations but the fact that they used actual rice cereal got me thinking. Went home and we decided to go to buffalo wild wings to get some lunch. No suprise there! We always go there! LOL.


So I talked to justin about the salon and he listened.....LOL Back to babies r us and I still didn't know what to do. Got to the formula and was looking at all the brands, the colors, the sizes. Well on the bottem shelf they had enfamil with 20% more for the same price. Bonus! That made me happy. Went to grab the AR and next to it was the Gentlease by Enfamil. I read the front (I did research this one at home and read reviews) and it is very similiar to the Nutramigen except its not hypoallergenic and its not nearly as pricey. It has the broken down proteins for easier digestion and less lactose is in it.


That was the moment my mom was talking about. It came to me as what I should do. I grabbed the gentlease and gerber rice cereal and checked out. We have been doing this for almost a week now and she is doing so good! She eats 6 ounces and I add 2 teaspoons of rice cereal to her bottle. Since she is on the medium flow nipple on her bottles the formula comes out just fine with the cereal added. Even when I make it, it is less thick than the AR. That stuff is like a milkshake and wonder if that was the problem, well part of it. She still spits up but its just a little and she still did that on the AR. Spit up is always going to happen but you shouldn't be covered in it or your couch! lol


Addy had her first play date on Tuesday the 9th. The little girl is 8 months old and her name is Lilly. Of course they didn't really do much but me and the other mom (Jen) got some much needed adult time in! It was nice talking to another mom that was just a few more steps ahead of us! After addy ate she rested most of the time.


Well time to change addy and start our day! Happy friday!
love
jamie lynne

No comments: