The dr's office called first thing this morning and decided to put her on different formula rather than a prescription which I was totally fine with! So now we are on enfamil AR. It's very thick and is made with some rice cereal. I was worried about the rice cereal because that is considered a solid in baby food and usually that doesn't start until a baby is 4-6 months old. But they reasurred me that its a small amount and its already made within the formula so its a little different. She ate and did so much better after one feeding! She spit up but it was like half a teaspoon! We played for a little bit, got dressed, and now she is resting. Plus she wasn't fighting me on eating like she was the past couple days and she didn't wimper while she ate. I know its all trial and error but its so heartbreaking to see her upset. I am thankful that our dr. is so patient and has been really helpful through it all! She gave us more samples but this formula isn't expensive like nutramigen. (we still have one sample of that so we never had to purchase that one!) If this formula works then we can get a free case through the mead johnson company. The nurse checked on the paperwork for the other case and it showed that it was faxed out so if we get that case we can keep it or we might give it to the office since they have been giving us samples this whole time!
So next week we have shots on tuesday and then on wednesday we see dr. weibel for her 2 month check up and a follow up on the new formula. I can't believe she is 2 months already! time really does fly! Its so awesome watching her get excited when we play and how she lifts her head up to look around! Yesturday after we took a nice walk in the stroller, Justin and I were working in the kitchen, and I decided to sit her in her highchair (it reclines back pretty far so her head doesn't hang foward) She liked it for about 5 minutes but she really liked looking around at a different height!
well time to get in the shower....she is still napping in her boppy pillow! She can sleep on her side with the pillow wrapped around her. This and sleeping on her tummy are her favorite ways to sleep. Its so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment