Saturday, May 30, 2009

I am convinced that Addyson is going through a little growth spurt. She has been fussier during the day and demanding more food. In the morning she will eat almost 7 ounces and then two hours later wants her lunch! I of course give her a couple ounces to try and see if that helps and it usually does. She even wants more after that. I just didn't want it to be a tummy issue and have a huge bottle go to waste so I do it in smalls amounts. She also doesn't nap anymore and requires to be held the whole time! I don't think so! I get frusturated when I can't get my chores done and then she senses that. Its an ongoing cycle! Justin does what he can around here when he is done working but its not like when I clean around here! So this morning after her big breakfast not two hours later was she completely upset again.. I got to shower and put makeup on while justin tried to soothe her but nothing was working. I said I think she needs a couple more ounces and so I got a warm bottle ready. She took it down with no problem, very little spit up, and so I had justin make three more ounces. She took that like a champ and he went to get us some lunch. We went upstairs and I sat her in her bouncenette and dried my hair. While I was curling it she was all smiley and happy!

We then went downstairs to eat our lunches and we put her under her play gym. She loves it! She likes the music and all the stuff hanging above her. We got to eat in peace! yah! Then when she is bored she usually fusses a little and then I roll her on her tummy, give her her binkie, and then she passes out. Well not today. She was so mad! I changed her diaper and tried her on her back. Nope. Back to tummy. Justin and I sat near her and I rubbed her back. She cried for 15 minutes and we held our own ground and didn't pick her up. It was hard but we managed. She fell asleep on her OWN without us HOLDING her!!! I was so pleased! She needs to learn to soothe herself and I know it may seem cruel but once she learns to be independent this household will be a much happier one! I am not trying to ignore her just to do what I want to do either. I play with her every morning and in the evening. We practice tummy time which she is doing so well at! We sing, we smile, we talk, we cook together, and relax together. But I need to be able to do some stuff on my own and with two hands! LOL.

Well better go for now while she is sleeping! I need to pack up her newborn clothes and reorganize our closets! I have been trying to get that done for at least a week now! We have our bowling banquet tonight! Wahoo! We are second place in the league, two years in a row! Not too bad either!!

love
jamie lynne

No comments: