Thursday, May 21, 2009

Addyson had her shots yesturday and no matter how prepared you are for that moment your not! She took the oral vaccine very well! The nurse said it tastes like sugar water and the nurse said she wished all babies took that vaccine as well as addy! Then it was time for two shots in the right leg and one in the left. She sucked away on her binky and then once she felt pain from the needle she led out this cry that was heartbreaking. She got so red in the face and even had to catch her breath between screaming. I felt so bad but before we knew it they were done and she had little bandaides on her legs. :( I picked her up right away and just held her and then that is when I started to cry. I held her tight with her blanket wrapped around her and she started to calm down. I did give her infant tylenol fifteen minutes before the appointment and Dr. Weibel said that I could give her another dose in four hours no matter what. Fever or not. She said that she may be sleepier than usual and take longer naps. She told me what to watch for and she said that Addyson is developing wonderfully!

She is stilll 22 inches long and weighs 9.1 pounds now! She was happy that I am getting closer to 5-5.5 ounces of formula at a feeding and gave us more enfamil AR since it seems to be helping. She said it could take year before acid reflux issues resolve but as long as the spit up is more typical of an infant that no meds are needed. I am happy with that anyways! We go back in 2 months and to call if we have any concerns.. I really do like that office. They have been so good to us :)

Addy woke up this morning happy as can be and cooing away! I will admitt I was scared getting her those shots but I know that it could do more harm not to get her vaccinated. She really loves the morning! We ate and played. Read stories and smiled a lot! She is now under her play gym sleeping on her tummy. While I was in the shower she was on her back playing and listening to music and then she was ready for a little morning nap so I turned her over and out she went! She is so cute I can't stand it!!!

Total shocker on Idol last night! Wow~! After tuesday night I wasn't sure who would win but for some reason I did think Kris had a better chance. Its all what America likes as far as taste goes. It was just a title....they both are going to have great music careers no matter what! They both have amazing talent to make it as far as they did in the competition!

Well better finish getting ready! Addy and I are going to play outside today. Clean up the new patio, even though I have NO planting area anymore but it is bigger now, so I guess that is the trade off! Then we are going to go for a walk, pick up the house, make dinner and wait for daddy to get home. He is in Edinboro all day today for a big conference :) Then we might take Addy to the beach for the first time! Don't worry she will be shaded!

Jamie Lynne

No comments: